Saturday, June 11, 2011

Knock your socks off Red Velvet cupcakes!

These cupcakes will please anyone! I found the recipe a few months ago and I've made them probably 20 times! My husband wanted a batch for V-day and he is more of a funfetti cake type guy! (I converted him! lol jk!)  The frosting is super easy and YUMMY! This may not be completely made from scratch but I promise they will blow you away!


What you need!
1pkg red velvet cake mix
1 pkg (3.9oz) jello chocolate instant pudding mix
1pkg Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup butter softened
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 cup cool whip

Prepare cake batter as directed on box*. blending in dry pudding mix before spooning into prepared cups. bake and let cool

Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. gradually beat in sugar. whisk in cool whip. spoon 1 1/2 cups into small freezer bag. cut small corner off bottom of the bag. then frost cooled cupcakes.

*Instead of using water use milk! I found it gives the cake more moisture! At least in my opinion!! lol :)

 These are the ones I made hubby for V-Day!
These are the ones I made for Miss Logan's Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment